Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ellen Goodman: Climate Change Deniers = Holocaust Deniers

So the latest Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report comes out and the likes of Ellen Goodman think it necessary to compare climate change skeptics to holocaust deniers.
I would like to say we're at a point where global warming is impossible to deny. Let's just say that global warming deniers are now on a par with Holocaust deniers, though one denies the past and the other denies the present and future.
I don't know why anyone is shocked. This is a regular staple of the climate change proponents. If they want to be a little less shocking, they will compare denial of evolution or plate tectonics with climate change denial. In fact, I was accused of denying evolution for questioning the science of global warming at the very same time I was writing my tribute to Charles Darwin on the occasion of his birthday. How ironic! At various times, there are suggestions of Nuremberg trials or lawsuits against climate change deniers. And you know what, I am prepared to be persuaded by the evidence. But when you threaten those things and make inflammatory comparisons, I question your motive, tactics and the strength of your evidence. Should climate change proponents continue to pour on such attacks and see how far you can push the rhetoric, that will push me farther and farther from their point of view. Stick to science, answer my valid criticisms and I will modify my viewpoint accordingly. Continue with personal attacks, fudge data, ignore contradictory evidence, and I'll be less willing to come to your side.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Global Warming Proponents = Chicken Little

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:50:00 PM, Blogger Jim VAT said...

I don't know Chuck. Human-caused global warming proponents may indeed be right, but they have to prove it first. That is the process of science - proof and verification that best explains the observable data.

What is not a part of real science is the tactics utilized by Goodman and many others who attempt to shut off free inquiry. I can recount a variety of means by which they are attempting it even when legitimate science is being pursued. That is what disturbs me.

As I always say, I am open to being persuaded, but I refused to be bullied. The more they push, the more I push.

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 5:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humans may be contributing a little to global warming, but i believe it may be more of a natural cycle of the earth. The earth has gone throught many warming/cooling cycles in it's history. I think we need to look at other forms of energy, but not too sure the big oil companies will let that happen.

It's the whole "everybody panic now" attitude that gets me. Reminds me of the whole year 2000 bug mania. You can't yell "fire" in a theater and you can't say "bomb" on an airplane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home