Friday, August 04, 2006

African Chill

This is what passes for enlightened commentary against global warming. It snows in Johannesburg and someone takes that as evidence against global warming. The has the stupidity to write:
Well, the Newtonian law about conservation of energy says if everywhere else is getting warmer, someplace has to get colder. So Darth Rove’s Climate-Change Machine™ is soaking up all the cold on earth and dumping it in South Africa.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Sorry, dumbass, but Mayer and Joule worked on the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, not Newton. We won't even talk about the applicability of the 1st or 2nd Law of Thermodynamics for someone who does not even have the ability to use wikipedia.

Update: Apparently, the author of the above piece meant it as comedy. I withdraw my dumbass comment and say instead, wiseass. I guess I am the dumbass from time to time. On the flip side. Global warming is no laughing matter. We are talking about dead Polar Bears folks. Serious stuff.




2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Jim VAT said...

Sorry dude. I see so much of the "well we got a record 13 feet of snow, whatever happened to Global Warming" that I thought it was serious.

I mean, we are talking about dead Polar Bears.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:59:00 PM, Blogger Jim VAT said...

The part that really got me going was about Newton's Law of Conservation. It was so totally far off, I went from zero to flame pretty fast.

Of course the beers I had last night did not hurt either! Did you read the piece on beer made from melting glaciers?

http://vitalaccuratethinking.blogspot.com/2006/08/global-warming-better-beer.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home