Friday, August 04, 2006

Carnival of Carbon Neutrality

I only had one submission to the Carnival of Carbon Neutrality this week. At first, I was not even going to consider this entry, except I really want people to see what kind of discussions are going on out there in the blogosphere. This one is particularly representative of a certain mindset on Carbon Neutrality and Global Warming....

Jon Swift: Who's Afraid of Global Warming?
First of all, I must say that I don't believe global warming exists no matter how much evidence scientists come up with to support it. I think it's just a lot of fear-mongering from ice berg-hugging scientists who are trying to distract us from the War on Terror.
All the rest are ones I found and commented on:

Polar Bears Thank Pat Robertson

Robertson who as recently as 2005 called hurricanes God's wrath upon the wicked people now realizes global warming is likely caused by burning fossil fuels.
"We really need to address the burning of fossil fuels, "Robertson said on his "“700 Club"” broadcast. "“It is getting hotter, and the icecaps are melting and there is a buildup of carbon dioxide in the air."”
Next is come commentary on the culture of global warming and how the press handles the topic.

Global Warming: Don't Overdose the Public

I really don't have a problem with media outlets talking about global warming. What I don't like is excessive hype and exaggeration in attempts to push the issue. Present the facts, make your case and let us make up our own minds. Along the way, support solutions and suggestions that will truly make an impact.
Cool Global Warming gadgets:
One thing that concerns me from time-to-time is being in a situation where power is not available.
Green Architecture can Be Cool and Cool!
This is Global Warming, Carbon Neutral architecture that I can support!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home