Sunday, October 29, 2006

Another Steffy Hit Job

The Chronicle's Loren Steffy seems to "think"that control of chemical accident site is essential in the quest for truth. Of course, I can tell he has never worked in a chemical plant nor been involved in accident investigations. In the specific case of BP, they were right to not allow anyone else to take control of the site. After the explosion it was a very dangerous place. To allow someone else to control the site would be exposing them to injuries or death.

Besides, I can guarantee BP did not do anything at that site that was not observed by CSB, plantiffs' lawyers and other officials. 15 people died and hundreds were injured. Most had lawyers that afternoon. In these cases, lawyers get involved and then everything you do after that point is scrutinized to the point of video tapes, sign in/sign out logs and even police control of certain areas. Trust me; I speak from experience on this one.

Once again, in this case, the evidence was clear. BP was extremely open with their findings even publishing an extensive report. I read the whole thing confirming my chemical engineering understanding of the event. I wonder if Steffy read the report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home