Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Carbon-Neutrality, Carbon-Neutrality, Carbon-Neutrality.......

Everywhere I look, the buzz phrase of the day is "carbon neutrality". The only problem is people like Michelle Malkin and Polipundit can't get past partisan sniping of Al Gore to even understand what the issue is about. True, I must give both a h/t for bringing up Al Gore's claim of a carbon neutral lifestyle plus the added claim of The Inconvenient Truth's production being carbon neutral. Truth be told, I got into a debate over global warming on my local subdivision's email list after Al Gore came to Houston with his traveling road show. That was my first exposure to "carbon neutrality".

So, since there are few people who are actually talking about the substance of a carbon neutral lifestyle, I had to do my own digging. Over the next weeks and days, I'll get down to the real analysis behind carbon neutrality. What I hope to uncover is:
-What does "carbon neutral" mean?
-How do you calculate your carbon footprint?
-What are offsets?
-Is carbon neutrality a business plan or reality?
-Is it better to reduce carbon emissions or purchase green credits?
-Can Al Gore and the production of Inconvenient Truth rightfully claim carbon neutrality?

Of course, as I go along, I'll likely have more questions to answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home