Monday, March 03, 2008

How Airlines Lost Credibility

I guess I am not unique in criticizing airlines. However, that is not going to stop me.

I have just lost two hours of my life that I will never get back in Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). When I left my office, there was no indication the plane would be late. And yet, an hour before the flight was scheduled to depart, a 1:30 minute delay was posted. It was 10 minutes before the revised time and they had not even started boarding. Five minutes before the time, nothing. Finally an announcement that they were waiting on crew. They pushed back another 15 mintues, then another 30 minutes. For those keeping track at home, it is now 2:15 minutes late. And yet, 15 minutes before the now-3rd revision and no crew member. There is no way we are going to make it.

So basically, instead of realism, we get lies. They knew hours ago that the plane would be late and yet no communication. And they wonder why people don't trust them or believe them.

Yes, I know we had storms today, but talk to me. Tell me how long things will be delayed. I know you know. You have computers that can map all the dependencies when one plane or one crew is delayed. You know. Tell me. That is all I ask.

Thus endth my rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home