Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Burdens of Being Green

Telling others how to live from the deck of your catamaran.
"People here have no jobs," Mark Fenn admitted, after taking documentary producers on a tour of his $35,000 catamaran and the site of his new coastal home. "But if you could count how many times they smile in a day, if you could measure stress" and compare that with "well-off people" in London or New York, "then tell me, who is rich and who is poor?"

Actually, Fenn lives 300 miles away and sends his children to school in South Africa. And the locals hardly conform to his insulting stereotypes. "If I had money, I would open a grocery store," said one. "Send my children to school," start a business, become a midwife, build a new house, said others.
Then a follow-up about being green.:
"Contrary to Kermit, it's not that hard being green. It's only hard on the objects of the greens' affection."
Do as I say, not as I do.

H/T Instapundit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home