Monday, November 20, 2006

Imaginary Cars in an Imaginary Life

I don't know what is more pathetic, GM spending money making imaginary cars or people paying money to have an imaginary, on line life. I'll let you be the judge.
General Motors' Pontiac division is spending thousands of dollars to create a make-believe dealership that will sell make-believe cars for as little as a few dollars a piece.

Second Life allows users to animate a computer-generated representation of themselves - or someone they might like to be - and move about, talk, walk and "teleport" from place to place in a computer-generated world all while interacting with people who might be, in physical fact, thousands of miles away.

Since it started about three years ago, the population of Second Life has grown to 1.2 million users.

I am so glad I don't own GM stock. I'd be "virtually" broke by now if I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home