Saturday, November 18, 2006

Telegraph | News | U2 move their assets out of Ireland

I have always loved U2's music, but despised their politics. This illustrates the hypocrisy of liberal political positions. More often than not, it is a "do as I say, not as I do" and the propensity to fund charitable activities with other people's tax money.
The rock band U2 came under criticism yesterday after reports that it has moved a portion of its multi-million-pound business empire out of Ireland for tax reasons.

The band, fronted by Bono, the anti-poverty campaigner, has reportedly transferred some of its publishing company to Holland.

Based in Dublin, U2 have long benefited from the artists' tax exemption introduced by Charles Haughey, the late prime minister. It is reported that the band's move has been made in response to a £170,000 cap on the tax-free incomes introduced in the last Irish budget.
As I have said before, if you are going to preach to me, you better have your actions follow your words. If not, don't bother.

As I have also said before, "just shut up and sing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home