Monday, February 18, 2008

What Have I Been Doing?

Well. My professional life has taken twists and turns. At the beginning of 2007, I got a big promotion and move do another manufacturing plant within my company. I was tasked with replacing myself which I did internally and then replaced the internal candidate. Unfortunately, the replacement resigned in May of 2007 and I had to replace myself again. Fiiiiiiinally in September, my replacement version 2.0 arrived and I spent several months training him. Training someone else was very difficult. Either I am not a good trainer or the job is more complicated than I thought. Regardless, I spent 75% of my time with him and the other 75% working on my new job. That meant a lot of overtime - crazy hours at home and on weekends. Crazy, crazy hours that I am ashamed to reveal. Then came the travel - a week in October in the Netherlands on short notice and then two weeks in the Netherlands in December. Then a week with visitors over Christmas.

Needless to say, between September and the end of January, blogging just did not happen. It was a conscious decision to deal with the real world and leave the cyber world to take care of itself.

And yet, I just cannot keep quiet. There is too much stuff to leave uncommented. Too much stupidity. Too much incredible creativity and smarts. Too much knowledge that is out there for the taking. Too many interesting times and happenings.

So...I won't be blogging five times a day, only when the mood strikes me or I see something I need to comment on. I have more time now, but I am trying to fill that time with real people instead of cyber ones. Both are important, but I will choose a heart beat over a mouse click any day.

Once again, thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home