Sunday, July 08, 2007

Joel Makower: Green Hypocracy

H/T Instapundit & National Post

Why are these green promoters such carbon hypocrites?

Joel Makower: I'm A Hypocrite:
"My travels this week take me to Detroit and Chicago for meetings and speeches. By the time I return home to California on Wednesday night, I'll have taken -- if my accounting is correct -- 51 plane flights during the first half of 2007.

I'm not bragging, mind you. Indeed, it's rather embarrassing (and more than a little exhausting). But like many of my environmental professional brethren, air travel is far and away my biggest personal and professional footprint. And it's not likely to change any time soon.

This reality notwithstanding, the airline industry seems poised to finally confront its environmental impacts -- and mine."
In other words, "I'm a big polluter, but I am not going to change, but you must." Do-a-I-say-not-as-I-do-ism of the week.

I have a suggestion for Joel. Why don't you go into your bathroom and look into the mirror and confront your own environmental impact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home