Saturday, January 20, 2007

Steve Jobs a Genius

This article on Microsoft anti-trust action has a buried nugget:
Microsoft had been working with partners on music devices for at least a year before Apple introduced the iPod in 2001 and catapulted to a dominant position in the market. Microsoft and its partners failed to come up with compelling hardware and had difficulty getting software to properly connect music collections on computers with their devices.
For people who love music like I do, that is why the iPod is the favorite piece of technology ever. You can keep the cell phone and I would rank the laptop 2nd behind the iPod. When I got one two years ago and my 2nd one a couple of months ago, I could not help but marvel that I can carry my entire CD collection around in my front shirt pocket. I can listen to any song I want, anytime, anywhere. If that is not magic, I don't know what is. Steve Jobs is a genius.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 21, 2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger James Allen said...

Steve just changed what had already been there already. There were portable MP3 players. But I guess libertarians don't care about real geniuses, just CEO's.

 
At Monday, January 22, 2007 4:59:00 AM, Blogger Jim VAT said...

Sure there were MP3 players, but they all sucked. Not only did they invent the iPod, they figured out how to protect intellectual property and still sell songs across the internet. Do you realize they have sold 2 billion songs via iTunes?

The fact of the matter is that the people at Apple are innovators and change the world. And they do it time after time after time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home