Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Favorite U2 Song

U2 is one of my favorite bands of all time. I have really grown to love their music and range of topics. I may not want their politics to speak for me and would rather they just shut up and sing, but, man, can they write and play.

U2 has so many great songs it is really hard for me to pick just one. I must say that Sunday Bloody Sunday is probably my favorite. Not only that, the version played on the DVD Go Home is the best one of the four different versions I have. That night, they were playing in front of the home crowd and seemed to be particularly incensed on the issue of the on-going "troubles" in Ireland.

Depending upon my mood, either Kite or Walk On are my next favorite songs, followed by Running to Stand Still. It is ironic that neither Kite nor Walk On stuck my fancy until I bought Go Home and then really listened to the lyrics. Of course, Go Home was recorded soon after Bono's father died so Kite was dedicated to him.

After the live DVD's, my favorite U2 album is All That You Can't Leave Behind. There are so many top shelf songs on that album it is the one CD I would take with me to that desert island.

The only CD I hate is Zooropa, mainly because of the title song. There are some good songs like Stay (Faraway, So Close) and The First Time, but the rest just suck. OK, Numb does not suck, but it is not that good either. Zooropa is just a bad episode in U2's history. It is all thumbs up except that venture down a dead end street.

I hope U2 continues to turn out great stuff for many years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home