Thursday, August 17, 2006

Common Global Warming Reaction

She is what I envision as being a typical American in this regard:
I'm a half ass supporter & a total hypocrite myself which is why I have done little. You see, I'm obsessed with cars - I want more & with bigger engines. If I had the money, I would own at least five cars right now. Changing my light bulbs, recycling, riding my bitchen scooter to the grocery & using less water has been the minimum (the least I can do). I'm ashamed of what I know, the lack of effort & compromise I make & the languid disposition I have in regard to social change at present. I don't want to be this way, but until I talk less & do more, I'm a joke. I'm not down with our image obsessed society therefore Al Gore or anyone else who purports grave concern, but does little to nothing. If drastic affects are upon us & happening now to our sweet mother, then why don't we make drastic changes in our individual lives to counteract it? If enough people believed THEIR choices mattered, I think the world would be a better place. This is not just an environmental statement - it applies to everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home